Creative participation in an age of change using the arts to reveal the world around us
Environmental Art Festival Scotland (EAFS) is a biennial arts festival in Dumfries and Galloway, South West Scotland. The inaugural EAFS happened in late summer 2013 and was produced by three leading arts organisations working in partnership: Wide Open, Spring Fling and The Stove Network.
The 2015 festival will bring together international artists to work with the locally based production team to deliver a festival of international quality rooted in the place and the creativity of the Dumfries and Galloway artist community.
As part of the festival they will create a welcoming space to hold imaginative and challenging conversations which will explore our relationship with the environment during this time of rapid change. Local audiences, scientists, artists, environmentalists, cultural thinkers, poets and performers will come together to participate in a series of meaningful, stimulating, and fun conversations and sensory experiences grounded in landscape at and around Morton Castle in Upper Nithsdale, a dramatic and thought provoking context.
The EAFS have secured funding from the Holywood Trust to bring together a young persons EAFS team to support various aspects of the festival and become ambassadors for the festival this year and going forward into the future. They are seeking a coordinator to inspire, connect and manage this small group of young people eager to learn useful skills in arts management, event management, marketing and production. The EAFS production team has an immense collective knowledge and creative vision and want to share this with the young people allowing them to join in at the coal face of the festival working as part of a dynamic team and seeing what nuts and bolts are needed to deliver such an ambitious event.
- If you are passionate about the environment, are a creative thinker and are well organized
- if you love working with people, have experience of event management and young people and want to share your knowledge
- if you want to find a core group of dynamic energetic young people to work with us and then encourage them to create a wider network of collective energy
- if you want to help create a super successful International Environmental Art Festival here in Dumfries and Galloway this summer
- if you want to send positive messages to the world and may even want to change the world a little
- If you want these things then you are probably just the person we are looking for!!! Please apply and help us make EAFS 2015 as successful as it deserves to be.
Duration of Post and Fee
The post is from June until September and the fee is £6400 which is 64 days @£100 per day. There will also be a small budget for recruiting young people and for travel. You will be based in Dumfries.
To apply please send your C.V. and a paragraph of text describing why you would be great at this job and why you want to work with us.
Full brief is available on the web site: Environmental Arts Festival Scotland
Deadline: Monday 27th April with interviews early in May