YouthLink has launched the Year of Young People 2018 – Youth Community Action Fund
The Year of Young People 2018 aims to inspire Scotland through its young people, celebrating their achievements, valuing their contribution to communities and creating new opportunities for them to shine locally, nationally and globally.
This new fund has been created to provide opportunities for local groups working with young people to facilitate informal education and learning opportunities that support this aim.
- Engage young people aged 8 – 26 years.
- Be co-designed with local young people to ensure they are fully involved in the development, management and delivery of the proposed activity.
- Promote equality and be open and accessible to young people.
- Demonstrate sustainability (whether in attracting other resources or in leaving a legacy).
The fund will consider applications from the following bodies:
- Constituted groups and organisations from the voluntary youth work sector.
- Local Authority Youth and/or Community Learning Services.
- Organisation working in partnership with a local youth work provider.
Maximum Award £2,000.
All proposed activities must be delivered between 1 January 2018 and 31 December 2018.
Closing date for applications: Friday 3 November at 12:00 noon.
More information on the Guidance and access to the online application form is available at: https://www.youthlinkscotland.org/funding/year-of-young-people-2018-youth-community-action-fund/